Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Stuck in the middle with a deranged zombie nun in a leisure suit


I know its Halloween but I don't really have any Halloweeny things to say. I will post a picture of myself in costume from a few years ago though.

We took our dog to the vet today. He tested positive for heartworms before we got him so we're just making sure all is copasetic with that. Since we adopted him from the SPCA in order for them to pay for the treatment we had to go to a vet about 40 mins away. I found myself really enjoying the ride.

I had the window down, The Band Big Pink album playing. The drive was nice and someplace I haven't been before. It was all very mellow.

This makes me think about music and how it affects me on a daily basis. I would not call myself an expert on music by any stretch of the imagination... Hell I can hardly remember a band's name let alone a song title or album name. I do think I have a good grasp of music appreciation however.

I know there are people out there who maybe only listen to music on the radio and sometimes not even then. I can't imagine a life like that. Perhaps I'm just immature and have some residual teen angst that forces me to play songs depending upon my mood, but regardless it is still there. Music is a form of expression for the art, but like other art, it is open for interpretation. I dig on the interpretation part.

When I was going to film school, my favorite part was putting the score to the track. I found myself cutting to the music all too often and my highschool teacher remembers the plague of music videos that infected me. After all these years too, that's what he remembers heh. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing.

Despite all my babbling here I'm sure I had a point somewhere. I'm sure there are people who hate art, who "just don't get it." There are those "rational" "Common sense" "salt of the earth type people" who think art is waste well excuse my language here folks but fuck 'em. What the hell do they know? They wouldn't know creativity if it jumped up and bit them on the ass.

So go out folks and turn on your favorite song, album. Listen to the song you lost your virginity to. Put on the song that your friends created a silly dance for (no? okay maybe that was just me)

Here is a great song... and this guy is just WAY too happy. drugs? Maybe he finds the dude in the green leisure suit amusing. I know I do.

No comments: