Monday, October 09, 2006

Takin out the trash

It's trash day! It's trash day!

Being gone the first half of last week, means the trash didn't get put out at the road. We are overflowing here. We live in the country, so that makes it all too tempting for critters to get at it. But.. YAY! It's trash day and I remembered to put it out.

Last night at about 2 am... yes I know... why the hell was I up so late... A strange scratching noise was coming from my front door. It almost sounded like someone was trying to jimmy the lock. Luckily I didn't freak out...

Okay I got a bit nervous. Then I remembered that cats often go up there so that's what I figured it was. Still though it wasn't going away. I went over to the door and held something up to the peephole. I've seen too many movies to not want to get my eyeball shot out of my head. Okay yes, that is totally overdoing it, but it was after 2 am and I was reading a vampire novel... sue me. I crouched in front of the door and knocked on it to alert whatever it was to go away, which it did thankfully.

Then a car decided it wanted the screech down my road. Our road is a long and pretty straight with a high speed limit... so lots of bike and car enthusiasts like it.

This car was way over the top. To the point where my ususally silent, docile, pitbull decided to go nuts and bark like I've never heard him bark before. Once again, all around 2 am.

So what did I do after that? Went back to reading my vampire novel, The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout. Who, I just found out after reading the author bio, is from Michigan like me and is the same age as me. She lives in the town I went to college in and lived for 4 years before I moved to Florida. I think that's pretty cool. Not only that we have so many things in common... but that I knew all the places she was talking about in the book. I love that!

Now for your viewing enjoyment... something I am so glad isn't true of my house...


No comments: