Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hubby's Birthday today

He turned 34 today. Woohoo I'm married to an old man :-P

So due to that, this is short and late, sorry folks.

Here is a tiny bit more of yesterday's ditty...

And that’s where I sit, glued to the pot, stinking the universe up to high heaven and wishing that I hadn’t ordered chili cheese fries at the diner. The bathroom was getting dangerously warm. My cheeks were overheated and my breaths were coming in short breaths. I used the newspaper I was reading to fan myself. Reading the article about him wasn’t making me any more comfortable.

The tree outside scratched against the side of the aluminum-sided house...

...........

Also... and I don't want this to be taken in any sort of conceited way because it is not meant as such. I was reading through some of my manuscript, and was blown away by how much I got into it. I mean I wrote this thing, it should just be boring blah blah I know what's coming next... but it wasn't... next thing I knew I was 60 pages further into reading it and didn't know what the hell happened to the time. Man, that rocked. I get excited when other people tell me how much they enjoy what I write, and I've found myself enjoying my own writing, but I've never been so embroiled in it before. Wow, I'm very excited about my prospects of getting published. This helped me really get back into the spirit.

No comments: