Monday, February 05, 2007

Alone or Lonely

My hubby and the boys went camping this past weekend. Usually I welcome the break from the constant company being a homeschool mom provides. I like the quiet time to write. This weekend however, I found myself at a bit of a loss. Normally I'm quite a private person and love alone time, NEED alone time. But it wasn't alone "me" time this past weekend, it was lonely time.

Not sure quite what was different than before. I probably sound like a horrible person for not normally missing my family, I do miss them, I'm just not normally so lonely, I immerse myself in writing then come up for air when I hear the boys yelling "Mooom! We did this and that..." the second they get in the door.

I invited a few people over to watch movies on Saturday, but that didn't happen either. Fate was determined to have me be alone, save two dogs this weekend. I did talk to my mom three times though lol.

So I guess the question you are asking is... did I get anything done? I did in fact. My mother, acting as my muse once again, she's so good, inspired me to add something to Sam's personal life in Book 1. I really think it makes a HUGE difference. I also changed the title, Beginning of Forever, which was a working title, by the way. The manuscript formerly known as BOF will now be called Inevitable.

I also got some major house cleaning done, ate some chinese food and got back in touch with My Cheerleader of Doom who was on temporary hiatus. "How dare she not be there when you need to bounce an idea off someone" you say.

I know! Totally selfish of her, but alas, we made up for it by staying up until almost 5 am sat night, or sun morning rather talking.

No comments: