Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fate is forever trying to contradict me

Ahh, the benefits of writing everyday… I’m trying very hard to remember them. I know writing keeps my mind sharp and those pesky creative juices flowing, but sometimes… well sometimes it just isn’t very fun. Today it may be a bit of a chore. So, by writing about it being a chore, it will become less so. That’s just the way it works, I complain about not wanting to write or having nothing to write about and voila, I want to and have something to jot some words down about. Fate is forever trying to contradict me.

A friend asked me to expand my killer in college story, or shiny gun as I call it. You all may be more familiar with it as This is my rifle, this is my gun. I added a paragraph to it, and included the preceding paragraphs to help the diligent reader get a feel for where I was when I last left off.
__________

I threw the ball at Sneer’s head. He caught it, but it took him two hands and he wasn’t as quick as me. I could take him. It was my turn to sneer.

Pale green eyes stared back at me. I’ve seen those kind of eyes before, goblin eyes. They almost glow and have little variation or texture in the color. The light color was accentuated by the slash of cheek bones and a roman nose. His strong jaw jutted out at an angle to seem proud. How could I have thought his former expression was a flirtatious one? A face as serious as his isn’t capable of flirtation. It was only capable of one thing that I knew of.

Turning to the front, his face went through a drastic change. He was all smiles again. Ahh, he’s one of those—a blender. Perhaps, I need to lighten my step around here. Blenders are dangerous. They are not easily caught, since no one ever expects them. I saw him, but he let me. A shiver trembled along in the inside of my body. I was too good to let it show on the outside. Appearance was everything, but I felt like someone just walked over my grave, and that almost made me reveal weakness. If there was one type of person you can’t show weakness to, it’s a blender. I should know, I am one.
___________

The only reason for this is because I listened to it last night. HA! They are so NOT tough. One of the more tasteful guitar solos though. Way to go on that CC!

No comments: