Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Bad Boys

I updated the manuscript excerpt this morning. I added a little bit here and there.

Something a little more light hearted...
________________________________________

Yup, there another one went… right to prison. This happens to me every time. Either they go to prison, or jail, or go on house arrest, or have to flee the country.

I like bad boys, and they like me.

The cop sauntered up my driveway, illuminated by the rainbow of flashing lights.

“Hey there again, Sally.”

“Heya, Burt. You putting me under surveillance again?”

“Nah, but I bet I’d have the best stats in the force if I did. Perhaps you
should just become an informant. You don’t have to do anything, ‘cept what you’ve been doing—picking losers.”

“Ha. Ha. Ha.”

“Where’d you find this one? Last time you came in for the line up?”

“Five star restaurant actually. And here I thought I was overcoming my lot in life. I should’ve known better.”

Burt wrapped his arm around me. “There, there Sally. You are just moving on to a different kind of criminal. You’ve advanced from your garden variety blue collar criminal to the elusive, white collar mastermind. You should feel proud.”

“Oh it’s a bright day in my world, lemme tell ya.”

“Now, how’s about helping us find the loot?”

“I’ll do what I can boss.”


No comments: