Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Recipe: Angel Chicken

Something a bit different today. I'm in the grips of AWESOME rewrites... I've found what was lacking in book one so I'm off and running trying to fix it, making it KICK ASS. It's like Christmas and I just found the Dread Pirate Rewrites to be my very own sweet farmboy, Wesley.

So here is the recipe (a very good one btw) that I'm making for dinner tonight. It's quick, yummy and great for those days when as a writer you don't have the time or the brain power to cook much.

Angel Chicken

6 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup butter
1 pkg dry italian salad dressing mix
1 can golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup white wine (cooking wine or regular drinking wine)
4oz. onion & chive cream cheese
pkg angel hair pasta (cook according to box directions)

Place chicken in crock pot. In sauce pan melt butter. Stir in italian salad dressing mix, soup, cream cheese & wine. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Pour over cooked angel hair pasta or any kind of noodle you desire. (Rice works well also).

I like to use Penne for my pasta. When its done cooking, I take the chicken out, mix the cooked pasta in the with the sauce, lay the chicken on top then put the cover on. It stays warm for seconds or if, like my house, not everyone s hungry at the same time and wants to eat later.

1 comment:

Tim Kavi said...

I like this recipe on two counts! First of all, I just went through a similar thing with my writing. Last night, suddenly everything clicked, and I too was off to the races. I don't know what accounts for this--sometimes it is such a drudgery, other times it seems easy! Now for the Angel Chicken--I am going to do that--and since at my house there is a lot of Chinese dishes--I am ready to cook this and try it out. Yummy on both fronts! (writing and dinner) ;-)