Thursday, August 06, 2009

Cruel or funny?

Should the chance at a joke overpower my empathy? Probably not, but it did today...luckily my mom is used to it.

Sometimes I'm such a brat.

My dad went to take out the dog on a commercial break. I was eating a Dove chocolate... you know the kind with sweet little messages inside? My message said "Share a chocolate moment with someone you love."

I read it aloud, then passed a chocolate to my mom, who smiled.

Then I said "Give that to Dad when he gets back."

My mom's face went to an expression we like to call the "Russian School Teacher Face" I'm sure you can imagine a strict Russian woman--now make her a hard assed school teacher... yeah that's the face.

My mother calmly placed the chocolate over where my dad was sitting. I laughed and told her of course I was kidding and tried to hand her another chocolate. She'd have nothing to do with it. It took a second to convince her to take it but she did.

However, she wouldn't touch it with her hand. No, she extended her cane (Yes I'm even more evil cause now I'm being mean to my mother who has a cane) and I had to balance the candy on the cane, then she had to keep it balanced while she brought it back to herself... All without looking at me.

Then my dad comes in, she tells him the story and he laughs at what I did. He says "She was just happy she didn't have to take the dog out."

Ugh. My poor mother. My Papa and I are two peas in a pod.

1 comment:

CoD said...

Aw. Your poor mom! Granted it was hilarious.

As for the video, strange, strange stuff there kemosabe.

CoD