Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Happy headbutting "aaaa rooo rooo rooo"

I am not a happy camper right now. So y'all better appreciate this!

At first the blogger site here wouldn't open up. Which I was hoping was a sign from God not to blog today... Then on the third try it opened... Damn!

So I decided to blog after all... ONLY to have the friggin computer freeze up and I lost what I blogged!

Gerrrraaahhhh!!!!!

That is a yell of frustration for those of you who might be confused. I have no idea if gerrrraaahhhh is a word, but it comes out when I feel the need to vent.

Yesterday morning my dog tried to show me who was the boss and who was the bitch... and um... well he didn't' think I was the boss.

What the hell!?

Apparently my son gives Zappa a Meaty Bone every morning when he takes him out... that is something I do NOT do.

Zappa wasn't too happy about this so he vacillated between barking at the box and head butting me in the stomach to get his frustration out.

I don't think he can say gerrrraaahhhh.

But human intelligence won over. I figured he'd leave me alone if I just gave him one, so I did.

NOT!

Do you really think I'd give in like that and then rationalize it to make it seem like I was smarter than a dog? You best be saying no or I will have to reconsider the nature of our relationship.

"So what did I do?" you ask.

Well I took him outside, put him on his running line and proceeded to show him who was in control by controlling his food amount and when he gets to eat it. Which really didn't work all that well since he wasn't hungry, he just wanted a Meaty Bone.

Then he proceeded to jump on me and get me all muddy.

I am confident however that I set up a pattern for good behavior (ha! I'm delusional.)

Seriously what can you do with an 80 lb puppy who is independent as all get out? And for the record "get out" is damned independent.

Really, the least he could do was have a cute bark or something. He's a Black and Tan Coohound and doesn't nearly bay as much as he should. I want to hear "aaaa rooo rooo rooo" instead I get "raaarf rraaarf raaarg aaaa oooooooo"

Hmm, maybe he could say gerrrraaahhhh.

No comments: