Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm a sucker...

I went to Petco to pick up more dogfood and it was, of course, SPCA adoption day. My hubby has been wanting a pitbull in addition to our Black and Tan Coonhound, Zappa (which is nuts btw just like his namesake)

Well, upon getting there, my dumbass decides to go pet this cute pitbull. It's a brindle, but it's so stripey. I've never seen one so stripey, it looks like a tiger. I took him out this morning (notice it's not even 7 am yet so it was dark) he was prowling for a good potty location. He looked like a cat dog, a tiger dog.

I don't have any pics of him yet and I can't really find a good example online but for any of you that know about brindle, he is a light brindle, but very contrasty. Very light and black.

My hubby wanted a pitbull, the dog is so sweet and cute so I ask what his name is. It's "Rebel" Okay, a sign from God to get this dog. I still did the responsible thing though and called my hubby to get his approval on the matter... and he was practically peeing his pants in excitement.

I have been saying no to getting another dog, especially a pit for awhile now... so if we weren't already married me getting this dog for him would be a sure sign of true love, as if the first words out of my mouth to him being "can I get you another beer" aren't enough.

awww *sigh* *swoon* yea yea all that other mushy stuff too

No comments: