Friday, September 01, 2006

Blah! Love and Writer’s Laryngitis

I have been frustrated lately. So much so that I was "venting" last night in preparation for my blog today... this is what I wrote...

I’m having a hard time. Sam doesn’t want to stay consistent in her actions/moods. Shes ... I don't even know what she is.

I hate writing. So much I don’t even want to write this blog. Blog blog blog might as well be blah blah blah today. BLAH!

Okay I didn’t get the book done today. BLAH!
...........

But that was yesterday... this is today.

Today I got a phone call from someone I love in a way that I love no other. They were having a hard time composing a letter to someone. There were strong emotions involved and they were trying to present their thoughts in the best way possible.

Notice I said thoughts, not feelings.

The thoughts were coming out wonderfully... very well composed, grammatically perfect... but really folks, that isn't feeling is it?

I told this person something I learned at nationals... that you can overwork your writing to the point where you lose your voice. This struck a cord with them... that was exactly what they were doing, focusing too much on what words were used, not how they were used. They were focused too much on thinking, and less on feeling.

Well I'm a thinker and a closet feeler. Unfortunately feeling doesn't come naturally, or comfortably to me. I think this may be the reason I'm having trouble lately.

Sam (who sometimes is way too much like me for her own good) isn't so hot in the feeling department either. She doesn't want to feel the horrible things happening to her anymore than I do. But I have to in order for this scene to work. It is PARAMOUNT!

I think I have lost touch with Sam' voice to a certain extent. Her voice is there, but her heart isn't in it.

So, as with all things in life, something has come full circle.

I gave some advice I should take myself. I know the person I love called for some help for them... but you inadvertently helped me too.

Thanks!

No comments: