Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Blockage? We don't need no stinking blockage.

I broke through the blockage!!

I needed to work on some characterization. I wasn't really sure how to go about that. I mean, I'm the one who decides how she is to act in extreme situations.. and that may be different behavior from just a crisis.

My lighthouse among the jagged rocks? Meyer/Briggs personality test.

I took the test as Sam would... then took it as I would. While we are the same type, ENTJ, we have different percentages of things. She is more extroverted where as I'm more thinking/feeling. Well the ENTJ personality can act certain ways in certain situations... I looked up what they are like on many different websites and found some answers I was looking for.

Some of Sam's motivation was confusing to me. I don't want her to become an author's darling. I want her to have faults, I know I have them in spades and if she is anything like me, she does too. But I still want her to seem real... here is the problem, our personality types tend not to show outward expressions of emotion. Even internally emotion can be overruled by logical and rationalization. So how do you show extreme emotion on someone who is cool under pressure, who if anything gets more effective in dangerous situations... I simply have to take her to the brink.

There is point where everyone cracks, and I just need to find it in her.. I think it will be a fun road for me seeing how far she can go without bursting. Poor poor Sam. All the terrible things that will happen to you. How ever will you deal with it all?

Linkage to the personality test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

No comments: