Monday, August 28, 2006

They say it's your birthday... dah dah dah dih dah dah

It's my birthday too, yeah!

Yup, the big 2-6 today. Kinda scary really. I am now officially "mid to late twenties" eek!

As of 8 am the whole birthday isn't going so bad. I woke up before the kids had a chance to fight or the dog was barking (saying a lot for his breed Black and Tan Coonhound) As far as waking up before the kids, one of them is a morning person and despite whenever i set my alarm, he's already up. If I set my alarm for 4 am... the other one will still be awake. It's nuts.

I already opened my birthday present and all of you are benefiting from it right now... it's a laptop!!!

Oh man this thing rocks. I could be sitting on the crapper for all you know! In fact, keeping that in mind, I could write my whole book from the bathroom. Think of all the extra (distraction free) time I'd have. Mind boggling.

Speaking of my book, I wrote quite a bit this weekend. I'm making ever present progress to the end of the book, the end is nigh.

One-two more short scenes and I will be in the grips of the big climatic finish. Then it's editing time.

If I finish before the end of this month, which is doubtful, but it may be close. I will finish the book in 4 months. I think that's pretty good for my first one! [Don't you folks worry now I have more books planned for the series. Never fear!]

I think all the ones after this will only go quicker. I got a lot of the awkward parts of writing under my belt so hopefully I can move onto a smoother path. I really had no idea about writing craft, showing not telling, passive verbs (my new thing to focus on) so it can only get better in the future right?

So publishers beware... Annihilation is near! ... uh submissions? partials? query letters?

No comments: