Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What's the time? It's time to get ill... communication.

I was woken up this morning by my eldest son making noise. My younger son had a difficult time sleeping last night, not to mention that I didn't go to bed until after 3 am. I told my eldest to go play in his room and don't make a peep. Four minutes later, my older boy is playing... HIS DRUM SET!

How exactly is that not making a peep I'd like to know?

Sure a drum set doesn't exactly make a peep noise... but I'm pretty sure he understood the message I was trying to convey. Should I have said, don't make a noise? Because technically no one can do that. Our heart pumping, breathing, moving around all makes noise. Would I have to list everything he can't do.. no laughing, no talking, no muttering, no singing under your breath, no humming, no tapping, no drums, no ..... FUN!

Is it the gender barrier? Perhaps it is because I've never had the same kind of arguments/misunderstandings with a female.

"When I eventually met Mr Right I had no idea that his first name was Always."
-- Rita Rudner.

"Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays."
-- Henry Youngman.

If it weren't for marriage, men and women would have to fight with total strangers.
-- Anonymous

A man who marries a woman to educate her falls a victim to the same fallacy as the woman who marries a man to reform him.
-- Elbert Hubbard

If men knew all that women think, they'd be twenty times more daring.
-- Alphonse Karr

The perfect love affair is one which is conducted entirely by post.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Now here is one I can use!

Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason. -- Oscar Wilde

*struts her reasonable self around like a peacock*

So that's been my problem all along huh? Being reasonable... well that can be easily fixed.

*evil grin*

No comments: