Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sandra Tuttle here reporting to you live from the bathroom...

Hurricane/Tropical storm/Identity-crisis-having Ernesto is on its way towards us today.

Which means I didn't really get much written yesterday. I had to go buy stock in the water, battery and crappy canned food companies.

It also means that I was very close to getting my nice khakies dirty as I had to put all of our lawn furniture in our tiny shed, which ain't no Mary Poppins purse lemme tell you. But alas, I didn't break a nail...

Shallow enough for you? Okay seriously, it was kind of a pain having to deal with all that stuff on the off chance that Ernesto was heading our way but better safe than sorry. My sons are Boy Scouts so we needed to "Be prepared."

I did get all of 2 pages written yesterday, not bad I guess.

Instead of writing last night I got waylaid by a "cult" (I know they'd love being called that) They worship the spaghetti monster... and I don't think they are all Italian.

Pastafarians are their name, noodly apendages is their game.

In reality they are a group of... I guess... evolution supporters *cough cough* atheists.

I have no problem with people believing what they want to believe...

BUT... (you all knew it was coming)

I do take issue with mockery as a form of argument (on any side of any argument)

It is the equivalent of saying "Derrrrrrrr" in the midst of an argument.... um that really isn't a stance to take people, it just makes you look like a big friggin' retard.

Besides what can you say in defense to "der" um... nothing. It doesn't mean anything!

Try using intelligent observations and open minds in the future oh worshippers of the carb. :-P

So to all of you mocking Pastafarians out there... I salute you, with a big fat "DER!"

No comments: