Wednesday, November 29, 2006

5 pages of opinionated bravado

I wrote 5 pages yesterday woohoo! Definitely not a fast draft... but I'm going to be working at my own speed for now. I have enough things to worry about. Writing is supposed to be fun for me, an outlet. I don't want it to turn into work. I mean, I'd love it if writing were my job, but since it isn't, I'd rather just enjoy my time writing for fun. Should it ever come to pass that writing will be a full time gig? Yea, I'd be way happy. An excuse not to have all the laundry done! Now that's worth a Woohoo!

I'm going to a Mongolian BBQ place today. Oh man am I excited. I haven't been to one of those in over 4 years.

Interesting fact about me: In high school I was involved in something called "Discussion Festival" basically it was a debate team type thing. Our topic was China and our foreign policy. Our school entered late and had no time to research the topic. The first session, all I did was listen. The second session, I had some information, so I was a little pushy. Third session.. I evened it out and advanced on to the state level.

The state level was pretty cool actually. I was on the energy commitee and it was our job to write a bill that would be presented to Congress. We stayed at the capitol of Michigan, Lansing and actually worked in the capital building. I was one of the house of representatives and had my own seat there. I don't remember who's seat I was in though.

No comments: