Thursday, November 02, 2006

A writing prompt that turned into a Sam story

We walked in, and immediately the stench overwhelmed our senses. I thought females were supposed to be neater, cleaner than males. Ugh, guess not. A public restroom is a public restroom is a public restroom. They all had the same cream concrete walls and at least one missing tile. Oh, and I forgot about the constantly repainted door that doesn’t quite shut. I always managed to get that one. Leaning my head against the cold metal of the paper towel dispenser I sighed. I so did not want to do this here.

Wrinkling her nose, Rosebay spoke, “It’s gotta be here, Kitten. There is nowhere else. Kind of fitting, though, isn’t it, Sam?”

Fitting it was, although I was having a hard time matching Rosebay’s amusement. This was something to be taken seriously, that’s why I was doing it after all. Wasn’t it?

A black haired Goth chick opened the door, letting the sensual pumping of the music from the club loose. The smell of cigarettes, sweat and sex from the dance floor was almost as overwhelming as the smell in here, only it was intoxicating. The bass beats reverberated in my chest and made parts of me vibrate, the good parts. God, I couldn’t do this.

Eyes roaming over me, the black fishnet-infested chick opened her retro, metal lunch box and extracted a tube of black lipstick. Our eyes met in the mirror, her taking in my blues as I took in her yellows. Yellow. She wasn’t human, or was trying to appear that way. My red hair was shockingly bright to her black exterior. Heh, interior as well, I bet. She’d have no problem doing what I came here to do.

“Just so ya know, I wouldn’t bother going after him if I were you.”

The pumping of the music wasn’t the reason my heart was frantically trying to beat out of my chest. She knew. She wasn’t human and somehow she knew.

Smacking her reapplied black lips, she said, “He doesn’t like your type. Too clean. Too good. He likes them… well… dirty.” Her robust laugh seemed to echo in the room even after she had departed.

My heart calmed a smidgen. I hadn’t thought there would be competition, but at least she didn’t know my motivations. Hopefully, he wouldn’t either, or I’d be in a world of shit. She was right, though. He wouldn’t like me as I am, and that was the reason I was in this funk hole.

To become dirty.

No comments: