Monday, November 20, 2006

Who... are you? Who who. Who who.

The Who, how sad they are now. I love The Who, one of my fave bands in fact... But on AOL they handpicked some performances from their tour to be shown on there, and they sucked ass. I mean really really sucked ass. They tried rocking out, and old guys can rock out, look at the Rolling Stones, but The Who, simply cannot. The guys filling in for Entwhistle and Moon did an admirable job. No one can be Keith Moon. Entwhistle was an amazing bass player with his finger plucking, and whoever filled in did a good job. Then we have the original members, Pete Townsend and Roger Daltry... Pete can't rock and Daltry can't sing anymore. He couldn't hit the notes anymore and melody seemed like a lost cause.

Now, I'm not too old, only 26. So I definitely never saw The Who in their prime, but you don't have to eat an egg to know the smell of a rotten one. My hubby and I couldn't even get through one song of the online concert... it was too painful to watch.

I understand that music is a passion that doesn't go away with age... we watched a Devo concert recently, that was really strange in itself seeing how old they were getting and still wearing those hats HA! I guess once a rockstar, always a rockstar isn't true for everybody.


No comments: