Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Distraction!!!

Dishes rattling, silverware tinking, dog's collar shaking, feet clomping, clothes rustling, people breathing a bit more loudly than normal, the hum of the computer. That is what's going on in my head right now. No ideas, no complete thoughts... just the noises of my house... the insanely loud noises that are not allowing me to think. What... do I have rabies or something? I feel like lashing out. My brain can't concentrate on a damned thing right now.

I really would like to do an interesting blog today. Perhaps write another short story or writing prompt, but my brain can't stay in one place for at the moment and time is ticking away. 3:00 pm, I like to blog in the mornings, but today it is 3:00pm.

Cars driving by, dog barking, dishwasher tray being pushed in, heater kicks on, more clanking of dishes, more tinking of silverware, okay now we have banging of pots and children arguing... is it any wonder I can't think straight?! Oh, and my hubby just put on a punk rock CD. AHH! I'm going insane.

Have I gotten anything done today? Yes a bit, I got some rewriting done, which was pretty much just putting things back to the way they used to be. I taught my sons something I've already taught them, but they forgot. Okay, it is totally one of those days. Those days when everything works against you. Those days where you are tested, but for what, only God knows.

This sounds like a good idea (it may be a repeat of a video post... but it's fitting today so eat it.)

No comments: