Monday, January 15, 2007

Productivity

I’m feeling pretty good. A lot of good rewrites happened. I’m feeling like its really starting to come together.

I went out to an Irish pub with a friend this past weekend. Very cool, haven’t done that in a long ass while. It was good silly girl time.

I did watch Dracula 2000 and I have to say… holy shit Gerard Butler is like the hottest fucking vampire ever. OH MAN!!! I’m sitting here biting my knuckle right now thinking about it… woof!

I finished watching the first/only season of Firefly on DVD. Quite depressing that that’s all there is. I haven’t seen the movie, Serenity, that comes after it yet, hopefully this week we’ll get it in the mail.

We watched a behind the scenes/making of documentary on the special features. When I see something like that, where the creative people working together create a cohesive team… well it makes me miss making movies. It is rare to have something fit as well as it seemed the cast/crew of Firefly did. I really enjoy working with other creative people, it’s when egos spring up that trouble starts. If everyone can keep the main objective, and if everyone doesn’t try to be director, the feeling on a set can be amazing. I imagine it would be a similar feeling to being in a band in a jam session… where the vibes are flowing or whatever nonsensical terms are used for such a thing. If everyone has the greater good in mind, the end product is truly a work of art and the feeling of accomplishment surpasses a great many joys.

Should my manuscripts ever sell, and eventually be turned into movies/tv shows etc… I really hope I am able to be a part of the process. My mom tells me that I write books as if I’m a filmmaker, and considering that’s what I went to school for, I can’t deny it. I do tend to have a certain composition in my head when I’m trying to describe something. It is also probably why I feel I write best in first person. I tell the story from one angle and let the reader figure out the rest through how my characters “act” and what details I show them through my main character.

I'm meeting with a fellow writer this upcoming week. I look forward to bouncing ideas off of her and possibly getting a smidgen of the feeling I get when working on a movie.

And now here are two of my favorite YouTube guys...


1 comment:

AnnieO said...

so how was the book signing? You are blogging so faithfully !