Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Solar Power

I am not the last of my kind. I am the only. Not a creature of the night, nor the moon, I am of the sun.

Stepping out of the shade, my skin tingles. If there was hair on my arms, it would be standing on end. There is no hair though, I will tolerate no obstruction of sunlight, not even clothing. Hair tops my head, like a wick on a candle, serving a purpose. The colors of flame in my hair marks what I am. Colors is the proper term, I assure you. Fire has more than one color. At the root, my hair is an iridescent blue, fading to white then yellow. The majority of it is orange, tipped with red. The finest hair crowns me, moving with every convention current, dancing to honor its creator.

I am the Phoenix. I would like to say I am feared, but alas, that is not true. Too few know me to fear me. The ones that do however… fear is too light a word.

No comments: