Thursday, January 18, 2007

Read it, Learn it, Love it, Believe it.

I met with a published (many times over) author last night. We discussed my manuscript, The Beginning of Forever, and she had a lot of good things to say. She gave me a list of things to fix, but lucky for me they are all grammar related. My story and characters as they sit, she says are good. "You can't teach someone how to tell a story, but you already know how. That is a relief to me." Was approximately something she said to me that gave me a bunch of warm fuzzies. It seems like I'm on the right track.

I finished a good book last night, in fact I stayed up WAY too late so I could finish it. It was a historical romance by Susanne Enoch called Invitation to Sin. Quite an enjoyable read. I adored all of the characters and I look forward to reading more of her work.

This quote has nothing to do with anything today, except that I just saw it and was again reminded of how much I like it.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
-George Orwell

One book I recommend for everyone to read is 1984. Read it, Learn it, Love it, Believe it.

This video is a complete novelty, but I found myself awed none the less.


No comments: